Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Interview with Rob Carlton

My Interview with Rob Carlton. Part One

I asked him a few questions so we can learn more about the man behind the guitar, his likes and what drives him and his music. This will be a three part series so keep your eye out for the next interview.

1. What inspired you to start playing the guitar?
A) When I first heard Jimi Hendrix play

2. What was the first song you ever learned to play?
A) Purple Haze

3. In music who do you look up to the most and why?
A) It is Robin Trower he is the Jimi Hendrix of our time i dont think he got the resignation Jimi recieved

4. If you had a chance to perform on stage with anyone in the world who would that be?
A) Of course again Robin Trower and Eric Clapton would be the choices

5. What was the very first guitar you ever owned and how old were you?
A) It was a red Stellar acoustic guitar my mom bought me at the age of 12, I played that guitar untill my fingers would bleed!

6. If there was one person in the music business you would love to meet, who would that be?
A) Well I"ve been blesses to meet many including Eddie Van Halen and Robin Trower but number one would have to be Eric Clapton and Jimi"s gone so I'd have to say Eric

7. Out of all the guitars you have which would you say is your favorite?
A) My Blue one its my baby. It's a 1989 fender deluxe with maple neck and fender lace pick ups and floyd rose bar and right next to that is my new Halo guitar that guitar really smokes! I love pluging that into marshall cabnets and my new line 6 bogner heads.

8. Who would you say taught you the most of learning how to play the guitar?
A) My recent guitar teacher Jimmy Brown the Senior Editor of Guitar World Magazine he's taking me to new heights as a musician

9. Besides your own songs, is there one song that has stuck with you in life?
A) Of course Purple Haze any Jimi Hendrix song my favorite and CD has to beBridge of Sighs by Robin Trower

10. One important thing you teach someone wanting to learning how to play the guitar?
A) "Never ever give up! If you love something keep doing it". One of my dreams was to be noticed in Guitar Player Magazine and that happened last year!

By Hoghoney ©2009 Interview with Rob Carlton

Check out Rob here also:
http://robcarlton.blogspot.com/
www.myspace.com/robcarlton
www.myspace.com/rob_1281967

No comments:

Post a Comment